不知道台灣什麼時候才看的到實機?
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2006-1-6 06:37:20 | 顯示全部樓層
轉貼

Grubert
AVS Special Member

TI 新聞稿:

DLP® Customers Achieve New Levels of Affordability with Home Theater Projectors; Instant Theater and Pocket Projector Categories Gain Momentum

720p DLP projectors hit $2K; 1080p DLP projector available for $10K

Las Vegas, NV, Jan. 5, 2006: Texas Instruments (TI) (NYSE: TXN) at the 2006 International CES today announced that customers have achieved new levels of affordability with DLP® home theater projectors, giving consumers greater flexibility and price options for building a high-definition home theater. In addition, the new Instant Theater and Pocket Projector categories continue to gain consumer momentum and expand the offering of innovative DLP front projection products.

The worldwide consumer front projection market is forecasted to grow from 530 thousand units in 2005 to 1.97 million units in 2008. DLP currently holds 58% of the U.S. consumer front projection market, and even higher market share of the high-end home theater market (> $5K), according to Pacific Media Associates (PMA). With the introduction at CES of even more affordable price points, DLP customers stand to benefit from the growing front projection market:

720p Resolution: Optoma's new high-performance, high-definition HD72 projectors are being announced at CES with an estimated street price of under $2,000. The HD72 projector offers 5000:1 contrast ratio, 1300 lumens and incorporates BrilliantColor™ color processing technology with a 7-segment color wheel to provide great color saturation. Other customers who will be announcing and/or showing new 720p DLP projectors at CES include: InFocus, Sharp, Mitsubishi and SIM2.

1080p Resolution: Optoma at CES will also introduce the HD81 DLP projector featuring 1080p maximum-HD resolution for the ground-breaking price of $10,000. The HD81 projector offers 10-bit color per channel color processing, a 7-segment color wheel and an amazing 6000:1 contrast ratio. Other customers who will be announcing and/or showing new 1080p DLP projectors at CES include: Marantz, projectiondesign, Runco, Sharp and SIM2.
These new projectors contain the recently announced BrilliantColor™ technology from Texas Instruments, which increases the color processing capabilities from 3 to up to 7-color processing, enabling a significant boost in mid-tone colors for richer, more saturated full color images.

In addition to the price break-throughs, the new categories of projection introduced at last year's CES continue to grow. The Instant Theater category, which integrates a projector, sound system and DVD player, now accounts for 1.3% of the total worldwide front projection market, and 11.2% of the total worldwide consumer front projection market. With just 3 products in the category, DLP has the leading market share (Source: PMA). The Optoma MovieTime and RadioShack Cinego DLP Instant Theater projectors are two leading products in the category and are now available in more than 2,500 stores worldwide. Additionally, Toshiba at CES is introducing a new DLP projector into the category. The Toshiba TDP-ET20 integrates 5.1 sound and provides a short throw distance to allow big pictures in small spaces. For example, a consumer can achieve a 6-foot image with the projector placed just 3 feet from the imaging surface.

Pocket Projectors are also gaining momentum in the market and are now shipping. Using the .55 DLP chip, these micro-projectors weigh less than one pound and offer incredible mobility. Pocket Projectors have been announced from Mitsubishi, Samsung and Toshiba. The Toshiba TDP-FF1A will be commercially available this month.

"Our focus has always been to provide our customers with a wide breadth of innovations that allow them to differentiate themselves in the market and to offer products that are price-competitive," said Lars Yoder, Business Manager, DLP® Front Projection Products. "The new pricing by our customers really speaks to their ability to offer compelling products while continuing to enable more affordable solutions."

CES attendees can experience DLP technology for front projection and HDTV applications at the TI DLP Products booth #8602 in the Central Hall.

Sharp 新聞稿:

Flagship DLP(TM) 1080p Home Theater Front Projector (model XV-Z20000):
Sharp brings home theater to the forefront with the new XV-Z20000, utilizing a single chip 1080p DMD from Texas Instruments. This groundbreaking 1080p projector has a native resolution of "full HD" 1920 x 1080 for true 16:9 widescreen movie viewing, producing clear vivid images, transforming any room into a high-tech home theater. DVI/HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) and HDMI terminals ensure a secure digital connection with all high definition set top boxes. The XV-Z20000 will be available in 3Q 2006. Pricing is not yet determined.

Portable DLP(TM) Front Projector (model XV-Z3000):
Sharp's next-generation portable DLP(TM) front projector, the SharpVision XV-Z3000, is a 720p high-definition home entertainment solution that instantly transforms any room into a high-tech home theater. This widescreen, portable projector can be carried throughout a home or to a friend's home to create an instant home theater for watching TV, viewing DVDs or playing computer games on a big screen. The XV-Z3000 features brightness (1200 ANSI Lumens) and contrast levels (6500:1) superior to those available in current front projectors, so consumers can enjoy excellent picture quality in almost any lighting conditions. Additionally, a dual-iris system adjusts image brightness to show full detail and enhances contrast ratio to compensate for varied lighting environments. The low fan noise of 30 dBA (in economy mode) ensures that the viewer won't miss a minute of the film's dialogue and special effects. Other features include I/P conversion, 3-2 pull down, Color Management System (C.M.S.), 3-step Bright Boost, a 12 volt trigger and an HDMI interface. The XV-Z3000 will be available in April for an MSRP of $3,499.

Portable DLP Front Projector (model DT-500):
The DT-500 high-definition DLP(TM) front projector is a stylish, feature-packed projector that is ideal for a dedicated home theater or any viewing room. This portable unit can be moved easily from room to room, for an instant home theater anywhere. Utilizing the DLP technology from Texas Instruments, and with a resolution of 1280 x 768, the DT-500 produces a 4000:1 contrast ratio and a brightness rating of 1000 ANSI lumens, delivering one of the best pictures available in consumer home theater today. Weighing just 8.6 pounds, consumers can carry the projector to any room of the house to watch TV, DVD movies or play computer games on a big screen and then store the entire system in a cabinet to save space. A powered optical iris system instantly changes brightness and contrast settings with the push of a button to allow the greatest flexibility for varying home theater environments. Home theater convenience is further enhanced with easy installation and whisper-quiet operation. A 6 Segment 5 X Speed color wheel achieves flicker-free, high-grade images and accurate color reproduction, resulting in an uninterrupted, detailed picture. Other features include I/P conversion, 3-2 pull down, Color Management System (C.M.S.), 3-step Bright Boost and an HDMI interface. The DT-500 will be available in July for an MSRP of $3,299.

High-Definition DLP Front Projector (model SharpVision XV-Z12000 Mark II):
Recognizing the increasing consumer interest in total home theaters, Sharp has expanded its high-definition DLP(TM) front projector line with the newly-enhanced version of the award-winning XV-Z12000, the XV-Z12000 Mark II. This sleek-bodied, whisper-quiet product takes home movie projection to a new level of viewing enjoyment with unprecedented contrast ratio (7000:1) and brightness levels (1000 ANSI Lumen brightness in high brightness mode), for the clearest, truest-color images available today. The XV-Z12000 Mark II creates a cinematic experience anywhere consumers can imagine, transforming any family or media room into the ultimate high-tech home theater. Using DLP Dark Chip 3(TM) technology from Texas Instruments and Sharp's proprietary Computer & Video Integrated Composer (CV-IC II) System technology, the XV-Z12000 Mark II reaches previously-unattained levels of projection excellence. A powered iris switchover function instantly changes multiple brightness and contrast settings with the touch of a button, allowing flexibility for varying home theater environments. The XV-Z12000 has a native resolution of 720 for true 16:9 widescreen movie viewing and a DVI/HDCP (High bandwidth Digital Content Protection) terminal that ensures a secure digital connection with high definition set top boxes. The XV-Z12000 Mark II is available now for an MSRP of $10,999.99.

Portable DLP Front Projector (model DT-100):
Weighing just over eight and a half pounds, this portable DLP(TM) front projector can be moved easily from room to room, for an instant big-screen theater anywhere in the home. Using DLP technology from Texas Instruments, this stylish, feature-packed projector is ideal for consumers to watch TV, DVDs or play computer games on a full-size screen and then pack it all up and put it away, saving space and avoiding clutter. The DT-100 provides consumers with a compact, lightweight product that will easily fit on a shelf, cabinet or small side table. The projector is EDTV (enhanced definition television), with a resolution of 854 x 480 that is high-definition compatible. Upgraded features include an extremely high contrast ratio of 2000:1 as well as 1000 ANSI Lumen brightness for brilliant clarity and a superior image. The low fan noise of 30 dBA (in economy mode) ensures that a film's dialogue and special effects are the only sounds that movie-watching guests will hear. The projector is outfitted with a 6 Segment 5 X Speed color wheel that minimizes "color breaking" and provides high quality images with accurate color reproduction. The DT-100 is available for an MSRP of $1,299.99.
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2006-1-6 16:52:32 | 顯示全部樓層
好像有看到720P的機子會剩下2K美金左右。
哇,差一年跌價約一半,真可怕。
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2006-1-7 03:42:47 | 顯示全部樓層
Optoma 720P 似乎有高低規格並行,
H72 1280x768 DC2 dmd, Street price, 七色輪/Brilliant color/3020 controller, @US$2,000;
HD7300, 1280x720 DC3 dmd, 二件式, 外加 Gennum scaler box, MSRP @US$6,000

以下轉貼:

Optoma Bows New Top-of-the-Line 720p Home Theater Projector Featuring External Control System with Scaler and Advanced Video Enhancement

The HD7300 uses an advanced optical system that delivers 1000 ANSI lumen and 6000:1 peak contrast. The dual-lens shift has a 1.25x zoom ratio, with a 12-elements system for low dispersion; this allows the HD7300 to achieve deep black, high precisions, and high-contrast image quality. The HD7300’s video/color enhancement processing system delivers an advanced three-stage process flow (decoding, image enhancement, color reproduction enhancement) that offers impressive, personalized adjustment setting at each stage.

The external control and image enhancement system is based on a highly acclaimed, studio-grade Gennum video processor that offers motion adaptive de-interlacing on 480i/576i/1080i film contents, and optimized scaling co-efficiency. The Optoma HD7300 comes with many unique features that are user controllable, such as gamma, color, display format, and edge enhancements. Plus, the control box’s firmware is user upgradeable to allow the user to get all the benefits of new controls.

Specifications:
Display Technology: Single 0.8 DarkChip3™ DLP™ technology
Brightness (typical): 1000 lumens
Resolution: 720p native, with color management
Image scaler: Gennum VXP solutions
Color Management: Studio-grade CMS, 10-step Gamma enhancement, RGBCYM 6-color, 15-region adjustment
Video Compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i), EDTV (480p), SDTV (480i), 576i/p
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 4:3 compatible
I/O Connectors: 3x HDMI + 1x External HDMI™ expansion, 2x RBGHV(BNC), 2xRCAcomponent, 3 S-Video, 3 Composite, 1 VGA (RGB/YPbPr/SCART), 2xRS232, 2x 12V Trigger, 1xIR port extension
CEDIA certification: ISF ccc certification

The Optoma HD7300 home theater projector will be available in Q1 2006 for an estimated MSRP of $5,999 through authorized Optoma dealers.

LAS VEGAS (Jan. 5, 2006) – Optoma introduces the HD7300 home theater projector, a new top-of-the-line product of in the company’s highly-awarded home theater projector line. The HD7300, based on Texas Instruments’ DarkChip3™ DMD chipset, features an external control and image enhancement system requiring only a single HDMI cable to the projector. The Optoma HD7300 includes many of the high-end features found in high-end home theater projectors, but showcased in Optoma’s 720p flagship product.

Optoma’s innovative two-piece design eliminates the need for multiple cables – all that is needed for the projector to be connected is a single cable to the control and image enhancement box, showcased in an anodized, brushed aluminum casing for an innovative look and design to fit in any room. With the image enhancement box’s extensive inputs, there are ample connections to up-convert sources to 720p for optimal viewing. The one cable connection, as well as horizontal and vertical lens shift, makes this projector perfect for home theater installations.

The HD7300 uses an advanced optical system that delivers 1000 ANSI lumen and 6000:1 peak contrast. The dual-lens shift has a 1.25x zoom ratio, with a 12-elements system for low dispersion; this allows the HD7300 to achieve deep black, high precisions, and high-contrast image quality. The HD7300’s video/color enhancement processing system delivers an advanced three-stage process flow (decoding, image enhancement, color reproduction enhancement) that offers impressive, personalized adjustment setting at each stage.

The external control and image enhancement system is based on a highly acclaimed, studio-grade Gennum video processor that offers motion adaptive de-interlacing on 480i/576i/1080i film contents, and optimized scaling co-efficiency. The Optoma HD7300 comes with many unique features that are user controllable, such as gamma, color, display format, and edge enhancements. Plus, the control box’s firmware is user upgradeable to allow the user to get all the benefits of new controls.

Specifications:
Display Technology: Single 0.8 DarkChip3™ DLP™ technology
Brightness (typical): 1000 lumens
Resolution: 720p native, with color management
Image scaler: Gennum VXP solutions
Color Management: Studio-grade CMS, 10-step Gamma enhancement, RGBCYM 6-color, 15-region adjustment
Video Compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, HDTV (720p, 1080i), EDTV (480p), SDTV (480i), 576i/p
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 native, 4:3 compatible
I/O Connectors: 3x HDMI + 1x External HDMI™ expansion, 2x RBGHV(BNC), 2xRCAcomponent, 3 S-Video, 3 Composite, 1 VGA (RGB/YPbPr/SCART), 2xRS232, 2x 12V Trigger, 1xIR port extension
CEDIA certification: ISF ccc certification

The Optoma HD7300 home theater projector will be available in Q1 2006 for an estimated MSRP of $5,999 through authorized Optoma dealers.

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2006-1-7 03:58:30 | 顯示全部樓層
Peter兄,那個「兩件式」,是啥意思?
另外,如果出約6K美金的1080P之DLP機,那720P的HD7300還有的玩嗎?
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2006-1-7 04:37:59 | 顯示全部樓層
就像是音響的前後級跟綜合擴大機的差別,
和 H79 最大的不同主要在:

1. 三組數位輸入  vs 一組 DVI/HDCP
2. 加倍的類比輸入,
3. 廣播級的, 可處理 1080i Inverse T/C 的 Deinterlacer/Scaler chip/Gennum(最大差異)
4. 10-bit color processing,
5. ISF certification
6. ................我虧大了~

1080p 的 MSRP 是 US$10,000, 720p 是 US$6,000
市場的接受度與競爭, 行自會決定實際的成交價 (street price).
何理的推測是 HD80/81 1080p < US$8,000,
HD7300 720p ~ US$4,000,
HD72 ~ US$2,000.
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2006-1-11 06:06:20 | 顯示全部樓層

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060110/dg62.htm
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2006-1-13 06:37:17 | 顯示全部樓層
林宗毅兄在 AVS forum 的 HD80/81 討論串:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=628036

01-09-06, 01:00 AM    #1 (Print)  
TzungILin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear AVS,

First of all, let me say, "Thank you!" to all the folks that stopped by Optoma booth, I had a great three days so far meeting up with David Bott, Greg Rogers, Darin, and many others. It was fun and a pleasure talking to you all.

I've seen many CES comments, and many more questions or confusions over HD81, so I think since it's officially announced at CES, there is press release that people can find, why don't we create an official discussion link and make it sticky?

Let me simply write down the "facts" hopefully to clear out some confusions.

1. It is a true 1920x1080 DMD, 0.95", same as Sharp/SIM 2/Projection Design were using and showing at the show.
2. The image was on 135" Studiotek HD130 screen.
3. I was preparing to show D-VHS/DVD running through HD3000 video processor box then to HD81, but the Optoma show manager decided that it is easier to show a loop of trailers so that no maintenance is needed.
4. The four trailers are: Fastest Indian, Cars, Over the Hedge and Narnia. All 1080p and can be found on apple web page. I think Darin was saying that he is going back to download those, and compare on his Ruby. Let's wait for his comments.
5. It does not have lens shift, we decided to hit the market early and at the right price point, and have more people to enjoy it, hence we use the platform of our other SX+ DLP platform, the same 0.95" optical system, EP910.
6. The throw ratio is about 1.8 to 2.2:1 (about), the offset is 27% (of vertical height), sorry that this may not fit everyone's installation.
7. HD81 is a 2-piece architecture, MSRP $9999 comes with an external scalar box, powered by Gennum and a dedicated video enhancement chip. This dedicated video chip will allow users to enhance even more after Gennum does the 1080p conversion.
8. The scalar box comes with 3x HDMI, 2x BNC, 2x YPbPr, 3x Composite/S-video and one VGA. The box will send HDMI out to HD81 projector body, and a RS232 to command projector.
9. The scalar box is similar to the one being used on the three BigVizion 80"/90"/100" RPTV that were shown at the show, we fed 1080i YPbPr and the box upscale to 1080p and show on BigVizion. Those who are questioning about the scalar box can use the images on the BigVizion as a reference.
10. I've shown the special features designed in the scalar box to a few people, Darin included, the new and unique features should please many hard-core video fanatic.
11. Many people commented the image was very bright and strong intensity on the 135" screen, I measured the light output, for the demo unit, after calibration, shows a 900+ ANSI lumen. We will add IRIS to HD81 to allow people to vary the light output and increase the contrast ratio.
12. the demo room had some ambient light coming from the trade show floor onto the screen, unfortunately, washing out a bit on the dark scenes.
13. I've met many people who returned for the 2nd or 3rd times just to see the demo again, and compared to TI booth's demo (who also used a different Over the Hedge trailer). It's good to see everyone's smile after the demo!  

That's about it, welcome to write your comments here and discuss HD81 here.

I'll dig out the press release later, and add it to this link.

Can we make it sticky? Again, thanks for everyone who stopped by, it was a great show!  

宗毅搭飛機回到台灣時, 已經累積了 200 posts 等他回覆~
其中很多是 H7x 系列等待升級的用家, 及對 HD81 的 PQ 有濃厚興趣的潛在買家;
有很多對於 HD81 沒有 Lens Shift, 同時有著 27 degrees 的 Offset 大為失望.
所以  宗毅兄又 Po 了下一篇:

Today, 11:26 AM    #218 (Print)  
TzungILin

Posts: 273  O.K., I'm back! (after sleeping the whole day yesterday ...)

Before I begin to answer most of the questions, let me say first, that there are too many questions for me to answer in one day, so I'll go through page by page. Secondly, I'll try not to repeat answer the same concern (like offset), I am feeling bad for those that cannot do without lens shift. And lastly, let's us all be reason and well-tempered on isssues that not everyone agrees upon. No need to attack a brand and no need to defend a brand, just express your concerns, disappointments, encouragement or disagreement, and let us stay on the focus on a HT projector, picture quality, video processings, etc.

For this first post, let me address the some of the most-asked issues:

1. Offset & lack of lens shift
Being a company which developed H56/H57/H30/H31, H77/H79, we know the nice thing about lens shift. But when we faced the question of building a 1080p from the ground up with lens shift, but will take a long development time or do we first use an existing platform with good performance but with a faster schedule, we decided to go for quicker schedule and also to hit a better competitive pricing. If we delay the schedule in order to build a brand new engine, optics and ID, when we have it, competition may already be ready to launch their second gen., then why bother? Optoma is a small company, unlike most competitors, which are all big and powerful, they can sell a few high price 1080p with a delayed schedule, take the loss while their main business is still making money (well, be it true or not). We always need to stay agile and competitive all the time since projection is our main business. So, a decision was made that to make the best out of an already working and good performance platform as soon as we can (if TI can speed up a bit). That's the story of HD81. As many of you know that Optoma has been trying very hard to create good looking HT projectors, be it telecentric engine (the one that do lens shift) or non-telecentric engines. On HD81, my job is simply to make it look unique and good, next to competitions, based on the given platform and all the conditions/issues that I have. CES demo is just our first step, we still have months ahead to make it even better.

That being said, (and since HD81 is schedule to hit the market in Q2), with HD81 showing a good demo at CES (no tricks or a 3-chip hiding beneath the small package), we are on to next year product planning, with non-telecentric HD81 to hit, what would be next then?  But, the new platform/optics and the resulted system will be higher price than HD81. So, we will have toys for every tastes.  So please skip the lens shift issue, and let us focus on more the heart and soul in HT projector --> the color, the picture depth, the balanced design of brightness/contrast.

2. How to have a 120" in a 8' ceiling?
Thanks to Bob, who has done an excellent job explaning how to fit a big screen in 8' ceiling. Here is my take, very similar to his, actually.

120" is a big screen for many people, of course, the 135" we showed at CES is even more "theater"-like, but 120" 16x9 is a mighty image for most folks. So, how can HD81 work for 120" in 8' ceiling? An 120" 16x9 diagnal screen has 60" height, with offset, let us say it's 18", if a flush ceiling mount takes 4", it's 82" in total so far. 8' ceiling is 96", so there is 14" at the bottom for the lower edge of the image to the floor, for center speaker.

If one hides the speaker behind the screen (with special screen of course), then one can even put a 135" image in 8' ceiling (4 + 67 + 20 = 91" total). Keep in mind that when we sit down, the eyes to the floor is about 1 meter height, 3', we want to have the screen center close to the same height as well for easy viewing. One does not want to raise the neck or eyes to watch movies for >2 hours.

So, it's still possible to create moderately big screen in 8' ceiling.

For those with 7' ceiling (84", one can still have 120" (82" needed) if one hides speaker in the back of the screen. Or the method that Mr. Wigggle proposed that someone actually did a HT1000 install in a 7' ceiling space.

Hopefully, with these two issues explained, we can now focus more on other important issues. And thanks to those who were encouraging us (not just myself, but Optoma in general) or defending me, I'm really quite open to criticism and suggestions, I myself is a HT lover, I can understand the frustration and disappointment, so, that is fine for me. But please let us not be buried by one issue, then we will get no where. There is a MyAV forum in Taiwan with a tougher crowd out there (many maligned attack and so on), and I'm surviving O.K.

I'll address other issues, page by page, in separate posts. Thanks.  

之後, 說了原本他準備的展示片段, 及沒有播出的原因;
又說, 只有台北的 MyAV 會員才有機會共襄盛舉! Good, copy 下來做證據, 網聚是非辦不可了:

Today, 03:03 PM    #226 (Print)  
TzungILin

Originally Posted by TzungILin
For those that could not make it, here are some photos of the HD81 demo (from a Japanese website ) with the clips Optoma used:

First demo clip is Chronicle of Narnia:

Boring Q&A aside, let us have some fun here.

Many have commented that the Narnia trailer is what makes HD81 demo so impressive. There are some interesting observations, let me share with you:
1. Many people who stopped by told me that this demo looks much better than what they saw in theater.
2. So I finally went to see the movie last night (after my long sleep to recoup myself), to my astonishment, the movie looks so different than the Apple trailer! Like one noted before the Red in the theater is more deep red (more like dark USC crimson) than the HD81 which is more vibrant. I guess this is the differences in transfers, the theater film is transferred in a warm hue (maybe 5500, not D65?), but the Apple trailers is more toward D65?
3. The noises that some mentioned, I think maybe from the source? as I also saw that, but that dark noises were not present in other segments, Over the Hedge, a computer animation, has lots of black, too, but no obvious noise. On the gray scale pattern we looked at before going to CES, there is not noises that we can detect. I'll check the trailer on other display to judge this noise issue.

Like I said, when I was preparing for CES demo at Taipei, I've extensively look at HD81 on several different sources, and I picked out the followings that I wanted to show:
1. Ricky Martin performance in Victoria Secret 2005. This is a 1080i very dark video, with Ricky singing "Dropping on me!" (what does it mean anyway!?) and latin beauties dancing around him. In this segment, there is so much black and dark details (the audience sitting down the stage), it's a good demo for black level and contrast.
2. VS 2005 last segment "I love Candy!", very colorful scene and beatiful curves. Marnatz was showing this on their Plasma in CES. But image it on 135" 1080p image!!!  It was really eye candy!! Even though I'm on diet, I'll try some of the candy any day, any time.  
3. Jay Leno interviewing Dennis Richard. Before I know it's Dennis, I only saw a beautiful blonde in her 30' with tight black/beige dress that looks astonishing in Jay's 1080i setup, the texture feeling on the leather sofa, the spekles on Dennis's neck, her golden hair is like shining golden silk in HD81's intense light!! I thought to myself, where do we have this beauty that I don't know of. Then my US colleage told me that she is Dennis, and was 4 month after her giving birth to her child, I was like, Uh!? My jaws are dropping to the floor, she is so good looking and seems to happy. I've watched her from Starship Troopers to Wild thing and to the forgetable 007 flick, she was never this good looking, ever!

Above are 1080i source, I was also planning to show Under Tuscan Sun, for the natural shot, very film like, this will be a good demo of Gennum's 480i upconversion. When I saw HD81 in Taipei using this segment for the first time, I was like seeing the movie for the first time! The brightness brings out another layer of picture information, the whole image is very film like, with 1080p pixels to interpret the 480i DVD content.

Unfortunately, the show manager decides to use trailers, it would have been nice to show the four segments that I have chosen, the booth will be packed (not that it was not packed!) full time at CES, the charisma of Ricky, the latin dance, the VS models (Tyra, Heidi Klum, ...), Dennis and Diane, it would be fun to see them on 135" screen!! I guess I would be the only one to appreciate them!  

Too bad, I will just show these segments to local MyAV forum memebers here in Taiwan.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by TzungILin : Today at 03:17 PM.  

再來是 QQQ 問  宗毅兄, SONY Ruby VW100 vs Optoma HD81 在宗毅兄眼中的差異:

Today, 04:19 PM    #228 (Print)  
TzungILin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ:

TzungILin,

I've got a question that will add fuel to the fire . I'm sure you have seen the Sony Ruby. I'd enjoy hearing how you would describe the H81 versus the Ruby.

Thank You, QQQ,

You really cannot get enough fun, can you?  Let me warn you though, you asked for it!

Yes, I've viewed VW100 in 3 occasions, first in CEDIA last year, 2nd in CEATEC at Japan, and the last time, a detailed 2 hour review in a MyAV member house, who purchased among the first batch of VW100 that arrive in Taiwan.

To begin with, VW100 is a very capable projector, it's so far THE 1080p projector to beat! I've seen JVC's HD11 and HD12 1080p at higher MSRP, VW100 is better. When I first saw it at CEDIA, I said to myself, and may even posted back in AVS forum that its image gives me a feeling of DLP's HD2+ level performance (DC2 level). Then of course, I read Greg Roger's review, and was surprised to see the contrast ratio is close to the HD2+ DLP and even better (since HD2+ contrast is peak, while VW100 is real usage, after calibration).

Then on the detailed analysis, the 2 hour review on a 120" white wall, I came to realize that VW100 is even better, it was so smooth and ease to look at. The color is intense and deep, very film like. It certainly looks like a G90 with higher brightness only with less black level  

But it has its weakness:
1. No lamp control, unless the Xenon lamp does not reduce light output along its life, this could be some issue for serious owners.
2. The auto IRIS mode kills the intensity of the normal viewing, it becomes much less "life" compared to IRIS off position. In fact, the 7 or 8 viewers there all agree that it's better to leave the IRIS at off, to have more image intensity. But this is the mode that SONY claims to have 15000:1 contrast, gregr commeted on the white compression, it is true and can be easily detected.
3. Scaling is good, but I think Gennum or HQV can do better.
4. Image is soft, maybe due to the 3panel convergence, or maybe it's inherit in the SXRD technology that is problematic.

Even with these weakness, I'm sure many 3-CRT owners will be delighted to have VW100. But what about original owners of DLP?

Then, I had the chance to tune and play with HD81 in full color and actions, I tuned as much as possible based on the given conditions and certain "goals" in mind (to look better than VW100, for one), and showed it at CES. I couldn't tell which is better, since this is very subjective, and I did not do a side by side. Darin said he would go back to download the same trailers and play back on VW100, maybe he will be the one to say how these two compared.

I can only say DLP 1080p is worth waiting for the following reasons:

1. Brightness: It provides a chance to be better in brightness than VW100
2. Image sharpness: Single chip DLP is definitely sharper than 3-chip VW100, it gives you a more "definitions" feeling.
3. Contrast and black level wise, I believe both technologies are close, we are still experiementing IRIS on HD81, so I don't have a better feeling yet. But DLP being brighter, it will give you a "perception" that its contrast is better to normal folks. To trained eyes of AVS forum experts here, they will know the differences.
4. 1-chip DLP has been under attack for its eye fatigue and rainbow, I certainly hope the dual DDP3021's much faster speed can make up some here. If like Robert Clark's observations, maybe HD81 with our current CW tuning can reduce the weakness.

So, what chance does HD81 stand to compete?
1. Brightness (as obvious in this CES 135" vs. Sony 100" at CEDIA, or was it 110"?)
2. Gennum processor with a dedicated video enhancement chip (from Japan) in a outboard scalar box for easy installation
3. variable IRIS
4. Optoma color  
5. I have many ideas in my mind now after talking to people at CES, and compare the image of VW100 to the HD81 images at CES. Color and image is a mere mix and create type of thing, like cooking, the same ingredients for different chef, they may come out differently. HD81 image at CES is only our first try, with more ideas to play with and experiment, who knows what might eventually come out?
6. Improved DLP processing on rainbow and other issues people might be sensitive to.

Is it not possible to imitate VW100 image look on a DLP? I don't know, only time will tell. I know some will be laughing that one-chip could never imitate the 3-chipper. But, without trying, how does one know the extent of technology improvements and creativity? If we do, and we can offer more than just Ruby/G90 film look, but also traditional DLP bad-axx sharp and constraty look, then user can choose which to enjoy depending on the source content or their own taste. I guess as long as we are open to ideas and be more creative, we could add many differentiations to our 1080p DLP machines that can compete well against other competitors.

Did I fire up the whole forest?  

或許, 這要 JBL 大大的支援, 我們才有機會一睹最新技術間的 Shoot out.  

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2006-1-14 05:35:29 | 顯示全部樓層
幫彼得大帝推一下,
Narnia trail3:
http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/thechroniclesofnarnia/chroniclesofnarnia-tlr3h_1080p.mov

visual effect:
http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/thechroniclesofnarnia/chroniclesofnarnia-preh_1080p.mov

不曉得現場是撥哪一段?

<font color="#000066">[這篇文章最後由Jeff Hsu在 2006/01/13 09:38:30 AM 編輯]</font>
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回文 登入 | 註冊

本版積分規則

熱門推薦

帶動4K經濟就是要靠這一味,韓國4K UHD頻道強力放送(下載-少女時代L.A演出現場)
帶動4K經濟就是要靠這一味
目前韓國已經擁有5個UHD超高清頻道,分別是:UMAX, CJ E&M
丹爸影音實驗室之中置揚聲器「遊記」
丹爸影音實驗室之中置揚聲
丹爸影音實驗室之中置揚聲器「遊記」 前言 幾乎所有玩劇院的
(KK 700 Pro開箱聆聽感想) 小空間,大規格,低聲量,高細節
(KK 700 Pro開箱聆聽感想)
(KK 700 Pro開箱聆聽感想) 小空間,大規格,低聲量,高細節 一切
《創:光速》主題風暴家庭劇院,達到最佳性能表現
《創:光速》主題風暴家庭
《創:光速》主題風暴家庭劇院,達到最佳性能表現全文譯自:Stor
身歷其境的聲音-StormAudio ISR Fusion 20 環繞綜合擴大機器評