Zidoo Z1000 PRO...My opinion.

[複製連結]

發表於 2021-3-7 06:52:02 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

馬上註冊,結交更多好友,享用更多功能,讓你輕鬆玩轉社區。

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有賬號?註冊

x
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-14 08:40 AM 編輯

Hello,

A new thread to talk about my Z1000 PRO and for those who don't know the Zidoo multimedia boxes and want to know more, I invite you to come on this thread and also on Facebook. (zidooworld and Zidoo group).

I will gather as much information as possible on this multimedia box, Zidoo is a brand that becomes unavoidable in the world of multimedia players for a few years now.

----------------

Today, many people have a vast collection of dematerialized movies (in local network or on HDD) and it is for this group that Zidoo offers a platform that integrates their media box and their application called PosterWall (HT4.0) to enjoy your movie collection and which according to my experience is a winning combination, designed and developed to make the most of the possibilities offered by their devices and see your movies in the best possible conditions.

The company offers a dedicated video player in their ''PRO'' range which includes hardware upgrades and gives us
the assurance of not compromising while maintaining the excellent value for money that Zidoo has the secret and I mean the Z1000 PRO.​

----------------

NOTE

For those interested

To find out where to order a Zidoo device and questions about customs duties, here's how I do it.

Personally I've been ordering directly by email for a long time (and I did the same with Egreat and Himedia at the time), I like to have a contact person to talk to and get good service too.

Here are the 2 emails you can use to order a Zidoo device, you will get excellent service, they are courteous and listen to customers, personally I use David's email.

or

When I order a unit, I ask what can be done with customs documents about the value of the device and take their advice / advice into account, after that it is a personal choice and it is up to you to decide.

Do not hesitate to write to them for more informations.

----------------

Today, many people have a vast collection of dematerialized movies (in local network or on HDD) and it is for this group that Zidoo proposes a platform that integrates a multimedia box with its PosterWall (HT4.0) and which according to my experience is a winning combination, designed and developed to make the most of the possibilities offered by their devices and see your movies in the best possible conditions.

The company offers a dedicated video player in their ''PRO'' range which includes hardware upgrades and gives us
the assurance of not compromising while maintaining the excellent value for money that Zidoo has the secret and I mean the Z1000 PRO.

----------------

IMPORTANT

Zidoo devices are designed for local content, not online streaming, and they do not have agreements in place with streaming providers.

If you want to stream content from sources like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney+ etc..., an Android TV device or native TV apps will be a better choice.

So I repeat, don't buy a Zidoo device hoping to use it with video streaming service apps.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a great value media player to enjoy your movie collection using your NAS or external hard drives, you can't really go wrong with a Zidoo device.

I've had several brands of media boxes in the last few years and Zidoo is the one I chose.

Thank you

----------------

IMPORTANT

Source: Zidoo company

Please note that the Zidoo RTD1619DR does not support Dolby Vision ISO video files.

----------------

I ordered a Z1000 PRO last week and I received it by DHL Express with an overpack and directly from Shenzhen ( Thanks to David from Zidoo for his excellent service by E-mail ) the box is not damaged.

The packaging is black and white with information used on the sides, there is a handle for transport and the Zidoo Z1000 PRO is well protected from shocks, personally I find it classy.

----------------

Accessories

----------------

The front of the unit has a sleek and elegant look and will easily integrate into an audio/video system.

The Z1000 PRO weighs 2.9kgs empty and 3.55kgs with my internal HDD (WD red 3tb)

As with all the devices in the PRO series, the HDMI, coaxial and RCA connectors on the back of the unit are gold-plated.

The Z1000 PRO chassis is rigid, no creaking, no squeaking.... we hold a quality product in our hands.

----------------

Inside the chassis, the finish of the device is very good in my opinion and it's always reassuring to see that, and the layout of the internal components is neat

This confirms what I think of the Zidoo company and their efforts to offer high quality devices at a fair price.

------------

My opinion about the Z1000PRO will be based on my own experience and may not be the same for others.

------------

This thread is especially for people who are not familiar with Zidoo devices and are looking for a multimedia device.

------------

I use standard audio/video equipment and have no problem playing my movie collection:

Zidoo Z1000 PRO
Pioneer Elite SC-LX704
Sony 77A9G
Focal Dome 5.1.2 / 7.1
Monster cable Black Platinum

------------

You should know that :

I subscribe to several video streaming services that I use only with my Sony TV and my receiver that are linked in eARC.

I subscribe to Spotify premium which I use with my tablets, cell phones and Nest hub Max and I am not an audiophile either.

My video collection only includes ISO, MKV Remux and MKV in Full HD and UHD HDR format.

I don't have any video in DVD or HD Ready format.

Dolby Vision movies are not my priority at the moment.
(I have 3 MKV DVs for testing)

I never use subtitles (I hate it) except for forced subtitles with some movies.

My movies are on 2 NAS in SMB and an internal HDD in the Z1000PRO.

In summary, I use my Z1000PRO as a platform to view my movie collection, that's it & that's all.

------------

The Z1000 PRO is a platform offering a high quality image processing engine (VS10 engine) with a customizable management interface called PosterWall or commonly known as HT4.0.

For me and this is just my opinion, the Z1000 PRO is a Z9X without compromise, kind of like the cream of the crop of the Z9X/Z10PRO/Z1000PRO trio and it's also the pleasure to have beautiful equipment within my financial means.

The Z1000 PRO with its fair price allows me to do it and I did...

------------------

At the first boot the device invites us to do an update (FW 6.1.05)

Once done the GUI cancer appears, it is a sober interface with animated icons.

Work in progress...
------------------

The Z1000 PRO decodes all the audio formats available in my movie collection and therefore all the variations of DTS and Dolby.

As for the previous generations, the decoding of the different sound formats is accomplished without problems

Nothing special to report

------------------

As said above my collection includes in the best case the UHD HDR10 format.

If you look at my video about my settings, you'll see that I use the Display/HDR/AUTO option, with this choice everything is displayed in its native format and it's a good choice.

But one of the great strength of the new Zidoo, is the VS10 Engine ... and depending on the capabilities of your screen different options in the tab Display/HDR will be available, which was not the case with the previous generations.

One of the options of the VS10 Engine that I have already used is the "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR" and it surprised me by its efficiency, the image as a whole was improved.

Suggestion:

Markswift2003 in his thread explains all the subtleties of these many new settings that improve the image with this new generation of Zidoo device.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/recommended-settings-and-other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

Honestly for those who already have a Zidoo of a previous generation the VS10 Engine is a sufficient reason to change model and for those who do not know yet zidoo, jump the step you will not be disappointed.

In summary, I have no problems with my different video files, the Z1000 PRO does its job properly and adds to that a noticeable improvement of the image through its VS10 Engine.

------------------

Remote Zidoo V8

Zidoo V8 is aBluetooth backlit remote and the perfect pair with all zidoo media player.

This remote is included with the Zidoo 1000 PRO, I have one for about 2 years, it was included with the X20 PRO and since then I use only this model, personally I am satisfied.

It is imposing but solid, my young children use it and I am not worried.

Work in progress

發表於 2021-3-7 09:29:46 | 顯示全部樓層
Looks like a lovely equipment to have, hope your review are positive!
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-10 06:55:44 | 顯示全部樓層

Hello XzCraftP,

I will tell you this in the next few days and according to the way I use it obviously

Update of the first post
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2021-3-11 11:22:55 | 顯示全部樓層
Thanks for sharing! Love the photo shots!!!
Waiting for the day when they release the firmware to allow DLNA MQA core passthrough and this machine will become invincible Lol
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2021-3-11 17:50:09 | 顯示全部樓層
The first picture has a cut out on the top cover but not on other pictures.  Why?
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

發表於 2021-3-12 15:34:59 | 顯示全部樓層
hwangc 發表於 2021-3-11 05:50 PM
The first picture has a cut out on the top cover but not on other pictures.  Why?

i think i read from somewhere that it was the work of photoshop :P
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-14 07:41:10 | 顯示全部樓層
Hello,

yes, in fact as Daniel says it is done with Photoshop to make a joke on the forum Zidoo and that worked

For DLNA MQA core pass-through, I asked Nice Monkey on the Zidoo forum if he had any information on this point.

Update of my first message
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-15 04:07:36 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-15 04:13 AM 編輯

High Quality Power Supply

Z1000Pro has high quality switching mode power supply, which has metal shielding treatment to effectively reduce the magnetic field interference.

Once again, the layout and finish of the internal components are neat.

Obviously difficult to know if one can see a difference concerning the quality of the image and the sound between a device like Z9X/Z10 PRO Versus Z1000 PRO with its high quality switching mode power supply.

A good power supply is important to get optimal efficiency from device and it certainly works in the Z1000 PRO's favor, audio and video quality will potentially benefit...

----------------------------

Have a Z1000 Pro or not... that's the question.

To have both devices in my hands, they are 2 different worlds.

I love my Z9X but... it's hard to resist the Z1000 PRO and all it has to offer...

And I don't regret switching to the Z1000 PRO, the price difference is justified and the people who own this model on the various forums I frequent are unanimous in saying that it is a quality multimedia box, which confirms my opinion on this model.

I think the Z1000 PRO may be a good choice for users who want to make sure they get the most out of their audio/video equipment at a fair price.

And the zidoo Z9X is in my opinion the best value for money in terms of multimedia box in its category.

No matter which one you choose, it will be the right choice in any case.​

OlivierQC

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-16 00:11:53 | 顯示全部樓層
Hello,

To the possible buyers who are still wondering which Zidoo model to choose, here is a link to which I answer to Delucas following a question from him on AVforums.

https://www.avforums.com/threads ... ge-41#post-29040141

Hello Delucas,

No I didn't do it, and I'm not sure that with my equipment and my old eyes I could discern a difference between both.

Testing with a magnifying glass stuck to the screen to see if there are improvements or not and that may not be discernible during a movie at 3 meters from my TV is no longer my cup of tea, and I leave it to people like Sledgehamma or Markswift2003 who have the knowledge to give their opinion on the image processing of different multimedia devices.

-------------

For those who are wondering :

This is only my opinion as a normal user and I may be wrong...and everyone will certainly have an opinion on this questioning.

Is the price difference between the Z1000PRO and the Z9X/Z10 PRO justified by a possible difference in image quality, personally I would say No.

-------------

For those who will read my message and wonder which models to choose.

Again this is only my opinion, but the image processing of Zidoo devices is in the top tier in the category of multimedia boxes and this concerns all Zidoo RTD1619DR devices whether it is the Z9X or the top of the line UHD3000.

For me the price difference is more justified by the fact that they are very distinct models in terms of design, manufacturing and components used and not by a possible difference in image and sound quality...

Even if in theory (if we rely on serious people or articles on the Internet), this would be beneficial to obtain an optimal efficiency of the device and theoretically improve the image and sound quality.

And for a category of buyers this point is important to them, and Zidoo offers it at a price that seems fair considering the specs of the Zidoo Z1000 PRO.

You won't make a bad choice no matter which model you choose.

I may be wrong and some may say I am wrong but that is just my view.

OlivierQC
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-17 00:03:29 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-17 01:36 AM 編輯

Hello,

A question from Polo on facebook zidooworld ''can we make 2 different libraries to classify hd movies and 4k''

There are filters available in HT4.0 that classify movies according to their format as well as round widgets on the main page, there is one for 4K movies for example.

But the best I think is to have a separate folder for UHD movies and a folder for FullHD files.

You add your 2 folders in ''source'' and then you go on the widget with the logo ''+'' in the main page and you add your 2 sources.

And here you will have a shortcut for your 1080P and UHD movies

See you

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-17 07:06:47 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-17 07:08 AM 編輯

For the naming of episodes and directories (folders), there are several ways to do it, the one that the member Inikad proposes works very well.

I have very few TV shows but here is what it looks like in one of my TV show folders.

And this is what it looks like on screen with PosterWall (HT4.0).

回覆 支持 1 反對 0

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-18 23:06:24 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-18 11:10 PM 編輯

Welcome to all new HT4.0 users and those who are learning about Zidoo devices.

I continue to show you how PosterWall works and some of its facets, of course I am not an expert and I will do my best to give you the best possible idea of the possibilities of PosterWall with the Zidoo boxes.

When you add one or more video files in your sources.

Poster Wall does an automatic scan as soon as you arrive on its main page as you can see on the top right of the screen (at the beginning of the video), it takes a few seconds.

it then displays the new video files in ''LATEST''.

If it doesn't find the movie, it will be available in "unmatched" and you will be able to manually search and choose the poster you want.

Here is a photoshop montage to show you.

I used Photoshop and made a little video to show you what it looks like.

I don't have the video files on the video, I used photoshop.

If you have read my previous posts, you may have noticed that I often talk about the platform that the Zidoo boxes form with PosterWall and honestly, it is a winning combination in my opinion.

See you

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-19 19:23:34 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-19 07:31 PM 編輯

Hello,

New FW available

Source  :

Model:Z1000 Pro

v6.1.15

MD5: 44AC17CF1FAA3B2A10B5F8581E5E9624

v6.1.15_G

MD5: 947E8AB155A8B1B0BBB9F344F9843AB0

-----------------

I uploaded both versions for the Z1000 PRO on my host to have a faster download than with the original link for those who are interested

Model:Z1000 Pro v6.1.15

https://uptobox.com/bqyae3guhz9w

Model:Z1000 Pro v6.1.15_G

https://uptobox.com/0gyhleigac7f

see you

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-21 17:55:06 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-21 05:59 PM 編輯

Hello,

I have had the Zidoo Z1000 PRO for a few days now and nothing to report in my daily use, I installed the new FW yesterday and my kids are watching their TV shows.

My young daughter navigates through the different menus of PosterWall with ease and seeing that I really don't regret having a Zidoo, a good choice of customization while keeping it simple, that's what I like about Zidoo.

I used Spotify with the Z1000 PRO through my ipad, everything works properly,

I also installed the app on the Z1000 PRO, but in this case it's better to have an airmouse because the airmouse function of the V8 remote is not great with Spotify.

--------------------

If the Zidoo team reads my message, maybe for the devices of the ''PRO'' range they could include an airmouse in addition to the V8 for example.

See you soon

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-21 21:44:30 | 顯示全部樓層

Welcome to all new HT4.0 users and those who are learning about Zidoo devices.

I continue to show you how PosterWall works and some of its facets, of course I am not an expert and I will do my best to give you the best possible idea of the possibilities of PosterWall with the Zidoo boxes.

--------------------

With FW 6.1.1.5, Zidoo offers a new feature.

In the movie collections and if needed, you can now move the posters of your movies to the left or to the right with the directional cross of the remote by selecting and clicking on the icon at the top right of the screen

when you are in your collection and thus choose the position of the movies in this collection.

For those who, like me, complain about not having the Star Wars saga in order, Zidoo offers you the possibility to do so and with ease

See you soon for more videos

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-24 16:17:30 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-24 04:23 PM 編輯

Hello,

Here are some links for the Zidoo forun, I will try to make the modifications here too, but it takes time.

I will continue to update my thread dedicated to the Z1000 PRO.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-work-in-progress.86630/

Capture d’écran 2021-03-23 184758.jpg

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-work-in-progress.86630/page-2#post-147545

Capture d’écran 2021-03-23 184727.jpg

---------

A link that shows a small part of PosterWall, I put together some GIFs to give you a better idea.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-zidoo-z1000-pro-work-in-progress.86630/page-2#post-147667

Capture d’écran 2021-03-23 183837.jpg

---------

There will be a regular update of my Z1000 PRO & PosterWall thread

---------

I am not an expert, so please bear with me.

Thank you

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-25 23:31:19 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-25 11:38 PM 編輯

The Zidoo Z1000 PRO (as well as the rest of the RTD1619DR series) incorporates the Dolby Vision VS10 image engine which uses advanced dynamic metadata processing technology.

According to various reputable people and based on comparisons they have made, the VS10 Engine provides a noticeable improvement in image quality and depending on the capabilities of your TV over previous generations.

For users who own an older generation and are wondering whether or not to upgrade, it may indeed be worth considering.

---------------

In my case and as already said in one of my previous message I don't have any movie in MKV DV format, in the best case I have UHD HDR in my movie collection.

Currently I am satisfied with the AUTO mode which is available in the option ''Display/HDR'' but occasionally I activate the feature ''Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR/DV content'' to take advantage of the qualities of VS10 Engine.

With this mode activated my UHD HDR movies seem to gain in dynamics and colors, that's what I feel when I switch from one option to another anyway.

So why am I still using AUTO mode...? This is due to habit, i think.

---------------

A logo will appear for a few seconds on the top left of the screen indicating which mode you are using.

The options in the tab ''Display'' that I use have been influenced by the excellent thread of Markswift2003 in which he explains in detail the many options available, it is accessible and advises anyone who has questions.

---------------

So I strongly advise you to visit this thread which will teach you a lot and will allow you to make an enlightened choice if you are interested in a Zidoo or to change it and that you wonder about the quality of image of the Zidoo devices.

Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD1619 Players​
Click on the link below​
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/recommended-settings-and-other-useful-stuff-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

---------------

With the way I use my Z1000 PRO and this is only my opinion, the Zidoo ecosystem (hardware/software/networks/data) gives me complete satisfaction.

See you soon
回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-27 20:39:05 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-30 09:22 PM 編輯

Hello

Update my RAR file which contains additional widgets

I will add more if I can and according to my knowledge with Photoshop

Download links

https://uptobox.com/8eefwm08kc7r

or

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D7XQLIGI9FI1twAQNuA1qfxsVUjj49iA/view?usp=sharing

See you soon

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-30 21:08:25 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-30 09:17 PM 編輯

PosterWall is part of the Zidoo platform that incorporates the high quality image processing engine VS10, this platform is designed to make the most of the possibilities of their devices and thus see your movies in the best possible conditions.

--------

POSTERWALL is a movie poster management system and it has customization tools that allow you to make different changes.

It offers features reminiscent of Kodi but without the complexity that might put off new users.

--------

Here are some videos showing different options available with PosterWall, there are many others that I let you discover by yourself.

I put a little explanatory comment for each video, I am not an expert, so please bear with me.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------

Rainy weekend, with my wife we took the opportunity to see some TV shows that we had not seen yet, it was a weekend in front of the TV with the Z1000 PRO and a small snack.

We watched several episodes of TV shows and movies during these 2 days and nothing to report, the box did its job without any problems.

--------

I also added TV shows and Posterwall recognized them all without any problem, my Z1000 PRO is "ON" 24/7, by the time I got up from the basement after copying the files from my PC, PosterWall had already scanned them and they were available on the main page.

For those who do not know PosterWall and for your information by clicking on the icon ''Trailer'' available on the information page of your video you have access to one or more trailers of the video file when they are available because it is not always the case.

Personally I never use this feature but it's nice to offer it.

--------

Here is again my way to get the right titles for TV shows and have the best chance of success with the scanning of your files

--------

But nothing works perfectly 100% all the time and if you should have several episodes or a TV show that are not recognized, you can use the batch scan system, it will save you time.

Here is a video to give you an idea, in this example I have voluntarily deleted the data from a TV show to start from scratch.

After selecting the complete season, Posterwall made a scan and now displays it on the TV shows poster wall.

All the episodes are there, everything is ok.

Be carefull, depending on how you named your TV shows or movies, PosterWall could have some trouble to find them, the ideal is to do like me and use TVDB for TV shows and TMDB for movies.

--------

We also have the 3 different views available in the PosterWall options for TV shows.

--------

Hopefully this gives a good idea of the possibilities of PosterWall for new or future Zidoo device users.

Some people might think that I am a ''ZidooFan'' when they see my messages.... And yes I am a ZidooFan and I think it's normal because their devices give me full satisfaction with my way of using it.

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

樓主| 發表於 2021-3-30 21:23:06 | 顯示全部樓層
本文最後由 Olivierqc 於 2021-3-30 09:25 PM 編輯

Updated my Widget for PosterWall in the post above.

See you

回覆 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回文 登入 | 註冊

本版積分規則

熱門推薦

Stereophile.com器評:StormAudio ISP Evo 沉浸式音效多聲道純數位劇院處理前級
Stereophile.com器評:Sto
Stereophile.com器評:StormAudio ISP Evo 沉浸式音效多聲道純數
家用投影幕选购一站式指南
家用投影幕选购一站式指南
多少价位以上效果好于白墙?照我的看法,是只要平整度高于白墙